- View All Programs
- Addiction Professional
- Addiction Counselor
- Addiction Specialist
- Recovery Coach
- Pastoral Care - New
- Peer Specialist
- Recovery & Beyond Bundle
- Text Book List
- Certification Preparation
- Diploma Opportunity
- Getting Started
- Student Services
- Recovery Topics
- Affiliate Login
Diploma - Addiction Counselor
DIPLOMA PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- NTI is licensed by the Florida Department of Education, Commission on Independent Education #2142.
- This Commission recognizes all NTI Diplomas and training standards. NTI provides three Diploma Programs that support the unique and specific needs of a diverse student body. Students are prepared to serve in various capacities in secular and faith based recovery support services and in addiction treatment and counseling programs. Faith and spirituality are included as integral aspects of holistic recovery.
- Students are encouraged to choose a Diploma Program by completing the STUDENT ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT early in their training. Once enrolled, confer with NTI Staff to develop your individualized educational plan.
- Diploma Program students who may want Florida Addiction Certification at any time in the future are STRONGLY ADVISED to confer with NTI Staff soon after enrolling in a Diploma Program to develop an individual educational plan to meet each of their goals.
For more information and to obtain the Student Enrollment Agreement call or email the NET Institute at 1-407-236-9400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Fees in the amount of $250 are included in all Diploma Programs. Promotional Discounts DO NOT APPLY to Diploma Programs. In addition, textbooks are NOT included in Diploma Program pricing, but must be purchased separately.
Addiction Counselor Diploma Program
Purpose: To equip individuals with practical knowledge and skills to enter the fields of counseling, addiction treatment, behavioral health, and recovery support services. Students completing this diploma program will be prepared to provide direct care offered in addiction treatment services under appropriate supervision in clinical programs.
Building on the strong foundation of the Addiction Studies Diploma, additional coursework includes clinical counseling ethics, sexual addiction, clinical evaluation, group counseling, and faith issues. This program provides a solid basis for effective service in clinical treatment, recovery management and support programs plus other counseling programs.
Meets educational requirements for Certified Addiction Counselor, CAC.
Students will be able to:
- Identify the core functions and competencies of the addiction field.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of substance abuse.
- Provide a range of clinical counseling services under appropriate supervision.
- Understand the role of 12- step programs within treatment and recovery.
- Satisfy the educational requirements for Florida Certified Addiction Counselor, CAC.
Course Texts and Materials: Coursework is based on subject matter content that includes a variety of sources, including, but not limited to, public domain documents, textbooks, video / audio clips and trade books, including faith-based materials.
Note: Our courses are recognized by many other professional boards worldwide. Our curriculum also includes many uniquely Christian resources that are used by individuals providing support to and working in thousands of Christian programs worldwide. For more information on our Christian courses and programs, contact us at: email@example.com.
Students are responsible for purchasing textbooks. Estimated textbook cost $355.
|Course #||Course Titles||Hours|
|RD-RSS-05||Recovery Support Services||5|
|RD-RMC-15||Recovery Management and Coaching||15|
|AD-HA1-15||Help for Alcoholics - Part 1||15|
|EI-CC-05||Ethics: Cultural Competence||5|
|EI-RM-15||Ethics: Recovery Management||15|
|CI-RSR-15||Resiliency and Self-Repair||15|
|CI-HIV-08||HIV/AIDS and Hep C||8|
|AD-DA-15||Drugs of Abuse||15|
|AD-PU-15||Patterns Of Use And Treatment||15|
|CS-CC-15||Core Counseling Functions||15|
|CS-PC-10||Process for Certification||10|
|AD-HS-15||High Society: Costs & Consequences||15|
|CS-CP1-15||Counseling Practices 1||15|
|CS-CGP-10||Counseling Practices: Group||10|
|EI-AC-10||Ethics: Addiction Counseling||10|
|AD-HA2-15||Help for Alcoholics - Part 2||15|
|RD-FD-15||Family Dynamics and Recovery||15|