- View All Programs
- Addiction Professional
- Addiction Counselor
- Addiction Specialist
- Recovery Coach
- Pastoral Care - New
- Peer Specialist
- Recovery & Beyond Bundle
- Text Book List
- Certification Preparation
- Diploma Opportunity
- Getting Started
- Student Services
- Recovery Topics
- Affiliate Login
Diploma - Addiction Studies
DIPLOMA PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- NTI is licensed by the Florida Department of Education, Commission on Independent Education #2142.
- This Commission recognizes all NTI Diplomas and training standards. NTI provides three Diploma Programs that support the unique and specific needs of a diverse student body. Students are prepared to serve in various capacities in secular and faith based recovery support services and in addiction treatment and counseling programs. Faith and spirituality are included as integral aspects of holistic recovery.
- Students are encouraged to choose a Diploma Program by completing the STUDENT ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT early in their training. Once enrolled, confer with NTI Staff to develop your individualized educational plan.
- Diploma Program students who may want Florida Addiction Certification at any time in the future are STRONGLY ADVISED to confer with NTI Staff soon after enrolling in a Diploma Program to develop an individual educational plan to meet each of their goals.
For more information and to obtain the Student Enrollment Agreement call or email the NET Institute at 1-407-236-9400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Fees in the amount of $250 are included in all Diploma Programs. Promotional Discounts DO NOT APPLY to Diploma Programs. In addition, textbooks are NOT included in Diploma Program pricing, but must be purchased separately.
Addiction Studies Diploma - 185 Hours
Purpose: To provide a sound understanding of the emerging role of "Recovery Management" along with the groundwork of addiction treatment and counseling. Students completing this program will be prepared to provide Recovery Management services as well as perform entry level duties under appropriate supervision in clinical programs.
This program includes coursework on practical Recovery Management ethics and tools such as a recovery plan, plus Core Counseling Functions, drugs of abuse, brain chemistry, co-dependency, effects of trauma, human development and the concept of resiliency.
The Addiction Studies program is a strengths-based program addressing the whole person and the underlying struggles of addicted people regardless of religion, economics, education or family condition. Current research on the brain, long term recovery, the role of faith, and personal maturity will provide the basis for understanding health, wholeness and recovery.
Meets educational requirements for Certified Addiction Specialist, CAS.
Topics include an overview of addiction, codependency, help for alcoholics, cultural competence, resiliency, HIV/Aids and recovery support services.
Students will be able to:
- Understand the bio/psycho/social/ spiritual aspects of addiction.
- Recognize the frequency, progression and impact of alcoholism and the process of recovery.
- List support group facilitation principles.
- Identify personal issues in helping hurting people.
- Satisfy educational requirements for Certified Addiction Specialist, CAS.
Course Texts and Materials: Coursework is based on subject matter content that includes a variety of sources, including, but not limited to, public domain documents, textbooks, video / audio clips and trade books, including faith-based materials.
Students are responsible for purchasing textbooks. Estimated textbook cost $195.
|Course #||Course Titles||Hours|
|RD-RSS-05||Recovery Support Services||5|
|RD-RMC-15||Recovery Management and Coaching||15|
|AD-HA1-15||Help for Alcoholics - Part 1||15|
|EI-CC-05||Ethics: Cultural Competence||5|
|EI-RM-15||Ethics: Recovery Management||15|
|CI-RSR-15||Resiliency and Self-Repair||15|
|CI-HIV-08||HIV/AIDS and Hep C||8|
|AD-DA-15||Drugs of Abuse||15|
|AD-PU-15||Patterns Of Use And Treatment||15|
|CS-CC-15||Core Counseling Functions||15|
|CS-PC-10||Process for Certification||10|