- View All Programs
- Addiction Professional
- Addiction Counselor
- Addiction Specialist
- Recovery Coach
- Pastoral Care - New
- Peer Specialist
- Recovery & Beyond Bundle
- Text Book List
- Certification Preparation
- Diploma Opportunity
- Getting Started
- Student Services
- Recovery Topics
- Affiliate Login
Pastoral Care and Addiction Recovery Program
"Pastoral Care: To give watchful attention to or to be concerned about the feeding, well-being, and growth of others in their church or community."
In this modern era we see a growing involvement of spiritual leaders, churches, and faith-based pastoral care services and ministries specifically for addicted people and their families. The Pastoral Care Program is designed for:
- Anyone who wants to significantly increase their knowledge and skills.
- Add depth and wisdom to their spiritual gifts and to more quickly connect with those they are helping.
Likely students in this program are active or planning to work or minister in the following and other related settings:
- Youth and young adult;
- Family life;
- Pastoral care and crisis counseling;
- Para-church compassion ministries such as homelessness and prison ministries;
- Parochial school deans and chaplains; mission agency caregivers; campus ministries;
- Deacons; rescue missions; and elder-care.
We now offer this coursework based on classic addiction and recovery materials rigorously developed from a Christian perspective. The coursework covers proven empirical and historical approaches, and current existing models. The Pastoral Care Program is designed for helping individuals and families experiencing addiction, their developmental issues, family concerns, enabling, their codependency and care of the counselor, their Biblical view of Recovery as well as the Twelve Steps, and more.
This program includes all of our Pastoral Care Courses (204 hours):
- Life Model - Texbook required (sold separately)
- Addictive Patterns - Texbook required (sold separately)
- Codependency - Study Materials included
- God's Grace in Addiction - Texbook required (sold separately)
- Christian Support Groups - Study Materials included
- Ethics: Addiction Counseling - - Texbook required (sold separately)
- Recovery Support Services - Study Materials included
- High Society - Texbook required (sold separately)
- 12 Steps- Biblical Foundations - Texbook(s) required (sold separately)
- Family Roles in Addiction - Study Materials included
- Human Development - Texbook required (sold separately)
- Help for Alcoholics - Part 1 - Texbook required (sold separately)
- Help for Alcoholics - Part 2 - Texbook required | same book as Part 1 (sold separately)
- Good Faith Gone Awry - - Texbook required (sold separately)
- Power of Prevention - Study Materials included
- Crisis Intervention - Study Materials included
- Brain Chemestry - Study Materials included
- Sexual Addiction - Texbook required (sold separately)
- Family Dynamics and Recovery - Texbook required (sold separately)
- Motivational Enhancement - Study Materials included
- Street Drugs - Texbook required (sold separately)
|Save over 15% by ordering this Program as compared to ordering each course individually!|
If you prefer, you can start with a bundle and still save!
|Pastoral Care - Understanding Addiction Bundle (62 hours)||$370||Bundle Details & Ordering|
|Pastoral Care - Faith, Family and Recovery Bundle (67 hours)||$405||Bundle Details & Ordering|
|Pastoral Care - Power Tools for Recovery Bundle (75 hours)||$470||Bundle Details & Ordering|
Save 15% by ordering a Pastoral Care Bundle vs. ordering courses individually!
To order Pastoral Care Courses individually you can browse catalog and order here.
All courses include CEUs that can be used toward certification or re-certification.