- View All Programs
- Addiction Professional
- Addiction Counselor
- Addiction Specialist
- Recovery Coach
- Pastoral Care - New
- Peer Specialist
- Recovery & Beyond Bundle
- Text Book List
- Certification Preparation
- Diploma Opportunity
- Getting Started
- Student Services
- Recovery Topics
- Affiliate Login
Pastoral Care - Power Tools for Recovery
"Equipping You for the Work of Service"
This bundle includes the following courses (75 hours):
Christian Support Groups - Study Materials included
Help for Alcoholics - Part 1 - Texbook required (sold separately)
Help for Alcoholics - Part 2 - Texbook required | same book as Part 1 (sold separately)
Ethics: Addiction Counseling - - Texbook required (sold separately)
Good Faith Gone Awry - - Texbook required (sold separately)
Motivational Enhancement - Study Materials included
Recovery Support Services - Study Materials included
Crisis Intervention - Study Materials included
Street Drugs - Texbook required (sold separately)
People Need People to Recover! Power Tools for Recovery will give you proven strategies for creating a welcoming context when people come to you for help.
- You will learn that one of the hallmarks of addiction is isolation. A pastor, counselor or other spiritual leader who makes hurting and addicted people feel welcome in the name of the Lord has the power to change a life forever!
In Scripture we read about Cities of Refuge (Deut 4:41-43) which God mandated as places of safety for people in certain types of trouble. Modern Cities of Refuge exist in the form of Christ-centered recovery houses, residential regeneration programs and treatment programs where men/ women can flee for help and safety in the midst of their troubles. You’ll want to identify such programs in your area.
Christian Support Groups have the potential to form a new family identity for people who no longer have contact with family.
- You will gain inspiration, insights and how-to’s for creating a safe and welcoming space for two kinds of people: those taking their first steps toward sobriety and those coming back to serve others.
Help for Alcoholics was written by a leading treatment expert to unlock the mystery of ‘what happens in treatment’.
- This course will help pastors, counselors and coaches to become familiar with best practices and protocols so you can evaluate programs in your area and refer people to treatment with confidence.
- You will better understand when a person shares their previous treatment experience with you.
- Your spiritual support and empathy can be the difference that helps a person stay in treatment and counseling.
- You will explore different ethical issues related to confidentiality, treating addicted people with respect, professional relapse, vulnerable groups, women’s issues, honoring religious and spiritual differences, client safety and more.
Another useful resource will help you to sort out healthy Christ centered practices from those that are not. Addiction warps a person’s ability to relate to God and receive His love. Wise leaders and pastoral counselors can help people in recovery to sort through distorted beliefs about God whether learned in childhood or in the throes of addiction. Healthy spiritual growth comes from healthy, spirit filled mentoring and discipleship.
Experienced counselors and those new to field will benefit from skills like Motivational Enhancement, helping people through a Crisis and identifying practical long term Recovery Support Services in your community.
Save 15% by ordering this bundle as compared to ordering each course individually!
To order Pastoral Care Courses indivdually you can browse our catalog and order here.