10 hours | $ $85.00
You will gain an overall understanding of the three stages (or zones) of recovery and recognize the challenges of early recovery including navigating treatment services, connecting with mutual support groups, living sober, preventing relapse and learning self-care.
Certification Areas and Continuing Education: 10 Hours Total
Understanding Addiction 5 hours Treatment Knowledge 5 hours
Addiction is a progressive condition that affects every aspect of the human experience: physical, psychological, social, familial, professional, legal, financial, and spiritual. The progression moves through stages from early, to middle, to advanced stages that can lead to death without strategic interventions.
Many types of professionals are skilled in delivering acute care responses to addiction including emergency first responders, doctors, nurses, personnel in detoxification centers, psychologists, therapists, social workers, recovery support specialists, etc.
This course provides Addiction Professionals with best practices in addiction care related to early recovery in order to better support a client’s transition from clinical treatment or detoxification services into the initial phase of ‘Recovery.’
The Recovery Book, Al J. Mooney, M.D., Workman Publishing 2nd Ed
Students will gain an overall understanding of the three stages (or zones) of recovery and recognize the challenges of early recovery including navigating treatment services, connecting with mutual support groups, living sober, preventing relapse and learning self-care
- Review the three stages (or zones) of the Recovery Zone System.
- Understand the goals and objectives of the Red Zone: Activating Your Recovery.
- Learn the necessity of individual commitment to a plan.
- Take a closer look at: Detox, Inpatient Treatment and 12 Step and other support Fellowships.
- Learn how recovering people in the Red Zone navigate relationships and socializing.
- Learn how recovering people in the Red Zone handle education, work and finances.
- Understand the keys to establishing physical and mental health in the Red Zone.
- Review important concepts in working with teens and young adults in recovery.
You may also be interested in these Courses
Family Dynamics and Recovery
15 hrs | $105.00
The focus of the material is on what happens to the “we” of a family when one member opts for the blind and single-minded “me” of addiction.
Wellness and Recovery
5 hrs | $60.00
Take clients from a position of knowing about wellness to actively living a lifestyle of health and wellness. Experience positive and reinforcing activities through self-assessments and easy to use tools.
MORE COURSES – COURSE CATEGORIES – READ MORE