5 hrs | $60.00
Certification Areas and Continuing Education: 5 Hours Total
Peer Recovery Keys clearly presents the most widely used definitions and concepts in contemporary Peer services.
Recovery Support is defined as the process of giving and receiving non-clinical assistance to help aid the process of recovery. Peer Recovery Support is provided by individuals with lived experience in recovery. A certified Peer Recovery Specialist or Peer Support Worker is an individual or family member who has lived experience with mental illness and/or addiction to alcohol and other drugs, and has also completed formal training, who provides one-one strengths-based support to peers in recovery.
Learn the Keys that are foundational to all formal training in Peer Recovery Services.
Selected Readings is included with the course. You will receive your materials after purchase.
outline the role of peer support in recovery and review relationship building and communication skills, boundaries and ethical issues.
- Define Recovery and learn it’s guiding principles.
- Learn how a recovery orientation differs from a treatment orientation.
- Understand the role of a Peer Recovery Specialist.
- Review boundaries and ethical issues.
- Learn relationship building and communication skills.
- Understand the concept of wellness and learn ways to support wellness in recovery.