15 hrs | $105.00
Certification Areas and Continuing Education: 15 Hours Total
Pressure from third-party payors, accrediting agencies, and other outside parties has increased the need for clinicians to quickly produce effective, high-quality treatment plans.
The Addiction Treatment Planner (Perkinson, Jongsma & Bruce 5th Ed.) was written for individual, group and family counselors and psychotherapists working with those struggling with addiction to mood-altering chemicals, gambling, abusive eating, nicotine or sexual promiscuity.
This updated edition of the Addiction Treatment Planner gives special attention to Patient Placement Criteria (PPC) developed by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) and provides treatment planning content applicable to problems discovered in all six assessment dimensions.
The Addiction Treatment Planner 5th Edition includes all updates in the current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-5) plus diagnostic criteria and codes found in the DSM-IV-TR and the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM).
Perkinson, R., Jongsma, A., Bruce, T. (2014). The Addiction Treatment Planner, 5th Ed.
You will be given an overview of the ASAM Assessment Dimensions. Gain an understanding of how accurate treatment planning is needed to both justify and document necessary treatment, as well as administer the right form of treatment for each client.
- Learn the 6 ASAM Assessment Dimensions.
- Review sample treatment plans for all Assessment Dimensions.
- Compare and contrast DSM-4 and DSM-5 codes plus ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM codes.
- Become familiar with the behavioral definitions for each disorder group.
- Learn the desired long-term goals and short-term objectives for each disorder group.
- Review diagnostic suggestions for each disorder group.
- Integrate the Recovery Model orientation into a clinical treatment plan.