10 hrs | $185.00
The student will be given an expanded understanding of how people are created with the God given ability to recover from the wounds and tragedies of life.
Certification Areas and Continuing Education: 10 Hours Total
Professional Readiness / Client, Family and Community Education
Holistic Recovery is based on a bio-psycho-social-spiritual model. The Life Model encompasses the human experience from birth to death. It gives practical guidance on how to maximize each stage of life and minimize blocks that prevent living life to the fullest.
The Life Model is unique in that it lays out the brain science behind the power of Joy as the basis of bonding, attachment, human growth, development, and recovery from trauma and addiction. The model provides a framework for understanding the trauma that occurs when needs are not met, and how to help people when they are “stuck” in various stages of maturity. This is valuable because addiction is a developmental disorder that responds to long term involvement in a supportive group or community.
This faith based course on recovery is included in our training program in recognition that Christian organizations in over one hundred nations provide food, shelter, clothing, medical care, social services, trauma and addiction services at low or no cost to hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children as well as care for victims of horrific circumstances. The Life Model is robust, holistic and effective in both Western and non-western cultures.
Living From the Heart Jesus Gave You, 15th Anniversary Edition. East Peoria, IL: The Shepherd’s House, Inc.
- You will be given an expanded understanding of how people are created with the God given ability to recover from the wounds and tragedies of life.
- Wholeness: The challenges of living in a fractured world and the necessity of a spiritual family and community.
- Maturity: What it takes to move through the various stages, brokenness and the Transformation Cycle, bonds and attachment.
- Recovery: Brain function and trauma, Type A & B trauma, and the role of Joy.
- Belonging: Spiritual adoption and what it looks like.
- Knowing your heart: Understanding the difference between your heart, or your true identity, and the ‘sark’ or false self and the battle between them.
- Ways the Life Model can be transformational within churches and congregations.
You may also be interested in these Courses
Family Dynamics and Recovery
15 hrs | $105.00
The focus of the material is on what happens to the “we” of a family when one member opts for the blind and single-minded “me” of addiction.
MORE COURSES – COURSE CATEGORIES – READ MORE